Recent Posts

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Royal Hugs


Last weekend we took a very quick trip down to Kansas City to see the Royals vs Red Sox game with Sean's family. We took a long time to commit to the trip so our seats were a bit higher than our liking and lead to more exploring of Kauffman Stadium than game watching. But I was okay with our seat selection because we ended up sitting in front of a little blondie named Avery who kindly tapped my hair, said "hello ma'am" and right as I turned to receive her salutations, she gave me the biggest, underserving hug I have ever received.
It made my heart melt in a way that does the soul good. 

Then I read this story which makes me think that baseball games are the place to find faith in others. From college kids taking patience and compassion to pig tailed toddlers passing out free hugs.




0 comments:

Post a Comment