Recent Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

DIY: Puff Flower Necklace

I've seen these necklaces all over boutiques, but I just can't seem to justify spending $30 plus on one.
So, let's make one together shall we?

Here's what you'll need:
Fabric
Sheers
Fabric Glue
Chain
Needle and Thread

First, you'll need to cut out lots and lots of circles from your fabric. I used about the size of a half dollar, but I don't think the size matters all that much. Make sure you cut out enough!

Once you have your circle cut outs, start by grabbing one, folding it in half, and then again to make it pie shaped. You will do this for every circle from here on out.

Next, you simply take another folded circle and sew the two together at the points. Keep adding folded circles until you get the puff flower look you want.

For this necklace, I made 5 separate puff flowers. You can choose to do more or less!

For these final steps we are just arranging the puff flowers onto our chain. Cut out a strip of fabric and drape the chain on it like so. Use your fabric glue to surround the chain and then press the flowers on.

Allow to set over night and then voila! A beautiful necklace!

I promise, it's that easy. Let me know if you have any questions!!

1 comments:

Kenzie said...

This is so cute! I am super surprised at how perfect they look, like better than in stores.

Post a Comment