Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tanner Tuesday

As as out of town Aunt, I don't get the opportunity to spend day to day, "normal" time with my niece and nephew. Typical visits involve packing as much activity into the ticking time of my vacation and I don't get real quality time with the kids. And I have never had them one on one...

Until today. I got the rare opportunity to pick up Tanner at daycare and have him for the entire afternoon.
Just the two of us. 

It was the most amazing day I could ask for.

We went to the mall to check out the toys, snap shots in a photo booth, play in the indoor playground and grab lunch. We also shopped a bit (of course). Tanner held the garments I was planning to try on. We were bonding.

Then we got ice cream. More accurately, we got the toppings and just had an itty bitty mound of frozen yogurt on the bottom. This kid loves his gummy bears. Four scoops barely satisfied him. 

We played hard, ate lots of candy, threw nearly 30 pennies in the wishing fountain and road the escalators as many times as my little toots wanted. 
And it became even better at the end of the day when he stared at me with those ocean eyes and said, "I will remember this."



Tired Tanner.
Elated Lindsey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment