Recent Posts

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Work Trip, Birthdays and Catholics

I had the great opportunity to blend work and family last weekend. We needed someone to attend college fairs in Orlando and Jacksonville, so naturally my hand shot up like rocket while inside I squealed me me me me me me meeeeee!! 
The timing was pretty perfect for two reasons. First, I was able to spoil Makayla on her birthday by kidnapping her from day care, buying her a new birthday dress complete with gold shoes and a matching headband (we tried on lots of outfits and modeled them in the mirror to which she would whisper eversolightly pwettyyy...), then on to Build-a-Bear where she picked out all things pink and named her new friend Sophia. 



My mom has been working for a long time to convert to Catholicism and I was able to attend her baptism/first holy communion/confirmation/renewal of vows ceremony while I was in town. It was such a special day for my mom and Wally, and I am so very inspired by her commitment to her husband and her faith. She looked like an angel. 



Other awesome things from the weekend include:
-Long car rides and long talks with my mom.
-Golfing for the first time in years! with my dad and Judi...and not playing half bad!
-Ending said golf round in the pouring rain full of giggles and laughs.
-Tanner grabbing my hand to get my attention, just to say "I love you."
-Seeing college-brother...he was high school-brother last time I saw him. 













0 comments:

Post a Comment