Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DIY: Wall Art

So I'm packing all my stuff up to move and had quite a large heap of items in my "throw away" pile.
I really hate being wasteful (at least this is my excuse for licking my fingers and plate after a delicious meal), so I rummaged through the trash and found some treasure!
Here's what you need to duplicate my craft project for wall art.

Pieces of wood. I used an old book shelf I was going to toss.
Old textbooks. I gladly mutilated my Financial Accounting book.
Mod Podge.
And a little creativity.




And the steps are simple!
Tear out your most hated pages of that ol' crummy textbook.
Cut in circles, or whatever shape you think would look great! I used a bangle as a stencil.
Then you glue down your shapes and Mod Podge over for the finish.

Inspiration came from all the tubs and home decor I've been seeing made out of folded magazines.
Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not very crafty so I practiced on a basic box I got from Hobby Lobby and it turned out really cool! Thanks for the idea!

Post a Comment